Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mr. Carter Campbell

Well It's been awhile! I thought I would do some catch up! Colton and I moved into our home on July 5th. The building process was easier then we thought it was going to be until the last two weeks or so. Lets just say the subcontractor ditched us right before the inspector came and it didn't pass for silly reasons. Then after they fixed the few simple things. Since we are technically "county" the inspector lived in Pine Dale (1 hour away) and was not coming back up for a couple weeks. This is the short version of what happen but instead of moving in June 17th, it ended up being July 5th. But we had to be out of our apartment on June 30th. Poor Colton and I were "homeless" for 6 days or so. Thank goodness both of us didn't  have to work and we headed up to Island Park for the week. Which I think was exactly what we needed. We were pretty stressed out at that point. I was really fun to spent time with my family. When we got back Colton had to return back to work and I unpacked. We love our home! We have been so very blessed this year we couldn't ask for more.

The month of July went by fairly fast considering I was due with our little man the first part of August. He is just incredible! We are head over heals for this kid! Carter was born August 9th 2012. 6lbs. 9ozs. at 1:12 AM. I worked Monday and Tuesday that week and had an appointment on Wednesday (the 8th) with my doctor who we see in Salt lake at the University of Utah Hospital. Colton and I were fairly positive that I wasn't going to be induced that day and that we would be returning home after our appointment. Thank goodness we brought our bags and the baby carrier anyway! The week before this appointment they said I was barley dilated to a 1. So we thought we weren't going to be much farther along this week. Nope dilated to a 3+! They did a membrane sweep and said go to lunch and come back around 5:30 and we will check you again. We were freaking out when they said that. I was shocked that I would most likely be having this baby tonight. We went to lunch and did some shopping and I was feeling really good no painful contractions just some strong braxton hicks. They checked me again and I was around a 4 and progressing. So they said go for a very long walk around the hospital and come back and 8:00. So we did just that and they admitted me at 8-9 at night. Still haven't felt one painful contraction yet. They hooked me up to the machines and said that I was having strong contractions every two minutes or so I didn't believe them! At around 10:30 they broke my water and I got an epidural around 11:30. They said that I would dilate one mm. every hour so. That we could expect to have him in the morning and to try and get some sleep. I was feeling really good no pain at all! They came in at 1:00 in the morning and checked again. The nurses eyes went really wide and said his head is like right there haha! (sorry TMI). I was dilated to a 10 and 100% effaced. They ran and got my doctor and I pushed maybe 4 times and he was here at 1:12! I feel extremely lucky that it went so well. I was so nervous that labor was going to be my worst nightmare, but it was amazing. A great experience. He is just the perfect little boy we are so happy he is here! He is four weeks now and has gained two pounds since he was born. Hes getting some very chubby cheeks and a full set of very dark brown hair. Must have been all that heartburn!  I will upload some pictures soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment