Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Our Crazy Life!

Man..Its been a long time since I have wrote something on here! Where to begin! We had a great fall and Christmas! We went down to Logan to visit family and friends, but spent Christmas at home. Colton is such a Christmas lover! He gets very into the lights, xmas movies, hot chocolate the works! Which is great, it's one of the many reasons I love him. So now that he has a little tike, he just thinks it's even more of a blast even though Carter has no idea what was going on. Carter did however love the Christmas lights and watching the older cousins frantically opening presents! The best Christmas present I could have asked for is quitting my job to stay home full time with my little guy. I know not every mom gets that opportunity.. it's just such a blessing to be able to. He is just the sweetest little guy, he makes my heart melt. I really do miss the ladies I work with, they were so sweet and fun. 

Not to long after New Years Colton got an opportunity to have an interview with the Idaho Falls Fire Department. He went to the interview and the next morning at 8:10 he got a call from the Chief. They were very impressed by him and offered him the job. He would need to start IN TWO WEEKS! Now, we just built a house six months ago, Colton just finished his probationary year with Rock Springs and really liked the guys he worked with and basically we had to drop everything to go. We prayed about it and it just felt right to go. It's a beautiful area, great place to raise a family, and a little closer to family and friends. The next day we put our house up for sale and we were soon on our way. We found a really cute house to rent for the year and we will hopefully buy or build a home again soon. I couldn't be more proud of Colton, he works so hard for Carter and me. Yet still makes a lot of quality time for us.

 As soon as we moved over here and Colton started his job, I started having this terrible pain that I sometimes had before I was pregnant. It was under my ribs and would make me really sick. Welp..I had my gallbladder taken out on Valentines day. How romantic I know! My wonderful Mom came up and watched Carter the day I was in the hospital and then helped me the next day with him while Colton had to work. When we were at the hospital the doctor asked if I had any dramatic weight loss. I said I had lost 42 pounds since I had Carter, which was 20 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight. He said that losing weight could have been a trigger? But I'm pretty sure it was all the Little Caesars Pizzas Colt and I ate when we were first married ;)  I didn't think that it would be as painful as it was to recover also! I would much rather have a baby then recover from that. I couldn't hold Carter or pick him up for a few days which was really hard for me I love taking care of him. I was just very lucky to have Colton and my moms help! We are really looking forward to summer now I can't wait for some warmer weather. I will try and post more on here with some pictures :)
Oh Christmas! How we love you!
Carter Bug. Don't worry his hair looks much better! Looks kinda goofy in this picture haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment